Saturday, January 29, 2011

Armadillos at midnight, well 9 o'clock

So we have new neighbors. They moved in about two weeks ago and they have a dog! The puppies aren't used to having four legged neighbors so there has been a lot more barking going on at our house. They are getting better and will stop when asked, usually.  So tonight when they ran outside and started barking I was sure neighbor dog had just come out to get some fresh air.  I tried to call them back inside; Chewey running came, Disney came half way and Walle just kept barking.  Finally I decided that it must be something other than the dog next door.  I put on my shoes, well one of them because the other has gone missing since this afternoon. (Maybe it's joined the toy raccoon in the backyard somewhere?) So I hobbled over to the fence and could hear leaves rustling near the neighbors house. We went in and found Braden's head lamp, the only flashlight we own, and went to investigate.  Sure enough there was an Armadillo trying to burrow in the leaves.  Poor thing was probably terrified, we finally had to carry Walle inside because he was not going to leave his post :)

So the moral of the story is,
1) Beware my alert dog Walle, he will not let you enter if you are an Alabama Rodent
2) We need to buy another flash light
3) No more leaving my shoes in the living room

3 comments:

  1. I discovered your blog again and have loved reading it! Three dogs-you are brave Jami! They are adorable. When we were in Houston we saw an armadillo. They are interesting creatures. Hope things are going well for you guys. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a blog?! Why was I not informed!? How fun! And three dogs! That would be like having triplets! Glad to see that love of animals is still going strong, from our Grand Champion and Littlest Pet Shop days! Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying your stories on the 3 kiddies... They sure make life fun! When I read the part about Walle being carried into the house I busted up laughing! Keep the funny stories coming.

    ReplyDelete